|National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE)|
|Derby Teaching Hospitals, London Road Community Hospital, London Road, Derby. DE1 2QY|
|Taping Day 2: The Use of Kinesiology Tape in the Adult with Neurological Damage|
|Training by Erica Malcolm Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist, Neurology & Ella Donnison Hand Occupational Therapist, BSc Occupational Therapy / MSc Hand Therapy / Accredited Hand Therapist (BAHT)|
|On 30th January 2020 in Derby for 1 Day(s)|
|at London Road Community Hospital|
This course is designed for physiotherapists and occupational therapists working in
neurology who have already attended a basic kinesiology taping course. It will explore
possible kinesiology taping techniques for use with the adult neurological patient. It will
build on the students clinical reasoning skills and response based practice to decide how,
when, where and with which patients to try taping.
By the end of the course the student will
- Understand the concept of using kinesiology tape with adults with neurological damage
- Have practiced techniques believed to facilitate / inhibit muscle activity in neurology
- Have practiced techniques for upper limb taping for neurological patients
- Have practiced taping for patients with lymphedema and bruising.
- The two days can be done individually but you MUST have either attended day 1 or provide certificate evidence of having attended a kinesiology taping course prior to attending day 2.
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- £145 per day or £260 for both days
- Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS within
the East Midlands.
|Click [here] for more information or to book this event.|