|National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE)|
|Derby Teaching Hospitals, London Road Community Hospital, London Road, Derby. DE1 2QY|
|LEEDS - Unravelling Strength & Conditioning for Therapists|
|Andrew McCauley MSc BSc CSCS HCPC MCSP|
|On 8th - 9th February 2020 in Leeds LS8 1NT for 2 day(s)|
|at Spire Leeds Hospital, Jackson Avenue, Leeds LS8 1NT|
This intensive 2 day course will give you an introduction into how S&C can transform
your current practice both with athletic and non-athletic patients.
- Understanding the key principles of S&C & how you can implement these into early, mid and late stage rehab (from post op to pole vault...if that's your sport)
- Why exercise prescription is more than just 3 sets of 10.
- How to identify the correct strength-training goal for your patients (& not just the sporty ones).
- Understand the biomechanics of strength training (This is more fun than it looks, I promise)
- How to increase your patient's strength without hypertrophy or needing a gym membership.
- Why rest intervals during strength training are so important for the recovery of the nervous system & how manipulating this can affect the quality of your exercise programme.
- How you can adjust exercise programmes for pathological conditions & get better, faster results (including guidelines on return to sport).
- The difference between strength and power movements & why knowing the difference is essential in return to sport from injury.
- Why adjusting load is the key to managing overuse injuries & why light load can sometimes be not as effective as heavy load.
- Why fundamental movement patterns are essential for all your patients.
This course will include a mixture of practical and theory.
Suitable for clinicians working in physical rehabilitation/pain management settings
including Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Nurses, Counsellors,
Dieticians and Doctors.
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS within
the East Midlands.
|Click [here] for more information or to book this event.|