|National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE)|
|Derby Teaching Hospitals, London Road Community Hospital, London Road, Derby. DE1 2QY|
|Advanced Study Day on Chronic Pain Management|
|Dr Aftab Laher, Consultant Clinical Psychologist |
|On 2nd March 2020 in Derby for 1 Day(s)|
|at London Road Community Hospital|
This advanced study day is for those who already have some experience of working with
chronic pain and who have preferably already attended our previous introductory study
day on chronic pain management.
Areas to be covered will include:
- Advances in the understanding of pain neurophysiology and how we can explain pain to patients
- Developments in the cognitive-behavioural and motivational approaches to chronic pain
- What should we be assessing and how?
- Developing an evidence-based chronic pain management service
- Dealing with patient resistance and other treatment obstacles
|Who will Benefit|
Suitable for clinicians working in physical rehabilitation/pain management settings
including Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Nurses, Counsellors, Psychologists,
Dieticians and Doctors.
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS within
the East Midlands.
|Click [here] for more information or to book this event.|