|National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE)|
|Derby Teaching Hospitals, London Road Community Hospital, London Road, Derby. DE1 2QY|
|DERBY - The Elbow Demystified|
|Ms Val Jones MCSP MSc|
|On 5th June 2020 in Derby for 1 day(s)|
|at London Road Community Hospital|
Val Jones is a leading physiotherapist specialising in rehabilitation of the shoulder and
elbow. Awarded a prestigious Fellowship from the British Elbow and Shoulder Society.
Val lectures nationally and internationally about the assessment and rehabilitation of
the elbow joint. Val has published in peer reviewed journals and is a previous AHP
representative on the British Elbow and Shoulder Society Council, as well as being the
current UK national delegate for EUSSER.
- Locate and discuss appropriate elbow anatomy and pathology
- Perform a comprehensive elbow evaluation to determine the cause of dysfunction
- Select appropriate special tests to evaluate the elbow complex
- Discuss evidence-based treatments for conservative care of a variety of elbow conditions
- Understand the precautions and evidence-based care of postoperative treatment
- Functional anatomy and biomechanics of the elbow
- Physical examination of the elbow including special tests
- Image interpretation of the elbow
- Assessment of movement dysfunction around the elbow
- Evidence based management and pathophysiology of;
Tennis elbow to include exercise and taping,
Post-traumatic stiff elbow to include the rationale for splinting,
Degenerative elbow joint conditions,
Ulnar nerve entrapment
- Common post-operative rehab guidelines including tendon release, elbow arthrolysis and elbow replacement
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- Limited funded places may be available for AHPs and Nurses working for the NHS
within the East Midlands.
|Click [here] for more information or to book this event.|