|National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE)|
|Derby Teaching Hospitals, London Road Community Hospital, London Road, Derby. DE1 2QY|
|Your CPD: from policy, to portfolio, to profile|
|Dr Frankie Phillips|
|On 4th November 2019 in Derby for 1 Day(s)|
|at London Road Community Hospital|
This course has been developed to help dietitians to obtain the necessary knowledge
and skills to undertake the appropriate dietetic assessment, management and
monitoring of patients who have chronic kidney disease (CKD) stages 3-5 and are on
the CKD patient care pathway. The day aims specifically to support the development
of registered dietitians in the autonomous care and treatment of individuals
diagnosed with CKD stages 3-5. Produced in partnership with the BDA Renal Nutrition
Group, this course has been developed for specialist or advanced dietitians working in
both primary and secondary care, at NHS Band 6-7.
To provide an overview of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) rules and The
British Dietetic Association (BDA) tools to enable dietitians to meet their professional
responsibilities around Continuing Professional Development (CPD); and demonstrate
this through a structured portfolio.
By the end of the one-day course dietitians will:
- Be aware of the HCPC standards for CPD and the BDA CPD policy.
- Be aware and have used tools available to support your reflection and portfolio development.
- Be clear about how your portfolio could be structured and content to be included.
- Be clear about how the personal development process and activities are recorded in your portfolio and how this portfolio provides evidence for HCPC, KSF, potential employers, etc.
- Be clear about how information should be presented in your portfolio.
- Be aware about the process of presenting your profile for assessment for the HCPC audit.
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- Limited funded places may be available for AHP's working for the NHS within the East
- Light lunch & refreshments included
|Click [here] for more information or to book this event.|