|National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE)|
|Derby Teaching Hospitals, London Road Community Hospital, London Road, Derby. DE1 2QY|
|Management of Chronic Kidney Disease Stages 3-5|
|On 24th October 2019 in Derby for 1 Day(s)|
|at London Road Community Hospital|
This course has been developed to help dietitians to obtain the necessary knowledge
and skills to undertake the appropriate dietetic assessment, management and
monitoring of patients who have chronic kidney disease (CKD) stages 3-5 and are on
the CKD patient care pathway. The day aims specifically to support the development
of registered dietitians in the autonomous care and treatment of individuals
diagnosed with CKD stages 3-5. Produced in partnership with the BDA Renal Nutrition
Group, this course has been developed for specialist or advanced dietitians working in
both primary and secondary care, at NHS Band 6-7.
To provide the registered Dietitian with the necessary knowledge and skills to ensure an
evidence-based approach is used when advising / treating patients with chronic kidney
disease (CKD) stages 3-5.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the national guidelines relating to the identification and management of individuals with CKD
- Identify the classification of CKD according to estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR)
- Describe the most common causes of CKD
- Describe the clinical pathways for the medical diagnosis and management of individuals with CKD stages 3-5
- Explain the underlying causes and contributing factors to the development of specific nutrition related problems requiring intervention in CKD stages 3-5
- Explain the underlying causes and contributing factors to the development of malnutrition in CKD
- Understand the options available for renal replacement therapy to patients with CKD
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to obtain and interpret relevant information including diagnosis, biochemistry, medication, and complications of CKD
- Demonstrate increased confidence in undertaking appropriate dietetic assessment and initiating dietetic intervention and monitoring as part of the patient care pathway.
- Understand the practical aspects of diet therapy in individuals with CKD stages 3-5.
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- Limited funded places may be available for AHP's working for the NHS within the East
- Light lunch & refreshments included
|Click [here] for more information or to book this event.|