8th - 9th November 2022
Course delivered live and online, sessions not recorded.
Dr Christopher Norris
Based on Dr Chris Norris' book Complete Guide to Back Rehabilitation (Bloomsbury,
2015) this 2 day course presents an evidence based program to safely and effectively
manage low back injuries using exercise therapy.
A balance of theory and practice is used to provide a state-or-the-art approach to
modern rehab. Lectures, practical demonstrations, partner work, and small group
problem solving are all used to provide a stimulating, easy to follow course.
Suitable for therapists and exercise teachers of all types:
- Functional anatomy of the spine
- Lumbo-pelvic mechanics
- Mechanics of lifting
- Biopsychosocial approach to Chronic Low Back Pain (CLBP)
- Pain science – what is it and when is it relevant?
- Posture evaluation an update
- Core stability – where are we now?
- Concepts in exercise therapy
- Teaching techniques for clinical clients
- Cueing (visual / tactile / auditory), adjustments,
- Optimal tissue loading & rehab planning
- Low back pain – not all in the tissues
- Exercise progression – from injury onset to return to work.
Who will Benefit
Suitable for therapists and exercise teachers of all types as well as students and recently qualified staff.
- Attendance Certificate: Yes
- CPD Hours: 13.5