We are monitoring the local, national and international guidelines in relation to the global situation concerning the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and responding in accordance with official advice issued by the regulatory bodies. We have taken the decision to defer our courses and events until the end of May 2020. Further information will be communicated as soon as it becomes available.
For more information about the virus and how to protect yourself, please visit the following::
|Unravelling Strength & Conditioning for Therapists|
|Andrew McCauley MSc BSc CSCS HCPC MCSP|
|On 4th - 5th July 2020 in Derby for 2 day(s)|
|at London Road Community Hosptial|
This intensive 2 day course will give you an introduction into how S&C can transform
your current practice both with athletic and non-athletic patients.
- Understanding the key principles of S&C & how you can implement these into early, mid and late stage rehab (from post op to pole vault...if that's your sport)
- Why exercise prescription is more than just 3 sets of 10.
- How to identify the correct strength-training goal for your patients (& not just the sporty ones).
- Understand the biomechanics of strength training (This is more fun than it looks, I promise)
- How to increase your patient's strength without hypertrophy or needing a gym membership.
- Why rest intervals during strength training are so important for the recovery of the nervous system & how manipulating this can affect the quality of your exercise programme.
- How you can adjust exercise programmes for pathological conditions & get better, faster results (including guidelines on return to sport).
- The difference between strength and power movements & why knowing the difference is essential in return to sport from injury.
- Why adjusting load is the key to managing overuse injuries & why light load can sometimes be not as effective as heavy load.
- Why fundamental movement patterns are essential for all your patients.
|Who will Benefit|
This course will include a mixture of practical and theory.
Suitable for clinicians working in physical rehabilitation/pain management settings
including Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Nurses, Counsellors,
Psychologists, Dieticians and Doctors.
Please note, the course notes for this course will be electronically sent to each delegate pre-event,
delegates will need to download them and bring the relevant laptop or tablet with them to the course.
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS within
the East Midlands.
|Click [here] for more information or to book this event.|