|National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE)|
|Derby Teaching Hospitals, London Road Community Hospital, London Road, Derby. DE1 2QY|
|A Life to Be Lived: An Update on Physiotherapy with the Ageing Person|
|Bhanu Ramaswamy OBE, FCSP, MSc, Grad Dip Physiotherapy|
|On 22nd February 2020 in Coventry for 1 day(s)|
|at University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire, Coventry, CV2 2DX|
A one-day course combining theory and practical application for physiotherapists:
- To update them on neuro-musculo-skeletal aspects of the ageing body (with a focus on changes in gait and balance) of relevance to clinical practice with this population.
- To review contemporary research evidence about the benefits of physical activity, exercise for falls prevention, and recognition and management of frailty.
- To consider commonly used assessment tools and outcome measurement.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- List common changes that occur in the ageing nervous, muscular and skeletal systems.
- Discuss and consider the appropriateness of assessment tools, treatments and outcome measurement commonly used with their ageing patients.
- Access research evidence about the benefits of physical activity, falls prevention and frailty to inform their clinical practice.
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- Limited funded places may be available for AHP's and Nurses working for the NHS
within the East Midlands
|Click [here] for more information or to book this event.|