1st - 2nd February 2022
London Road, Derby DE1 2QY.
Florence Nightingale Community Hospital
Dr Christopher Norris
A two-day intermediate level (post basic) sport acupuncture course for those who have passed a foundation level course (AACP, BMAS, BAcC, MDN part2). The course is based on Chris Norris’ book “Acupuncture: treatment of musculoskeletal conditions” (Heinemann 2001), and “Sports & Soft Tissue Injuries”, 5th edition (Routledge 2019). The two-day course gives a balance between acupuncture and dry needling using Western Medical Acupuncture techniques. Basic needling practice is updated and extended, and a problem-solving approach is used for point selection using sports examples. Discussion is used to illustrate the incorporation of acupuncture into therapy practice for sport.
- Meridians & Points – important or not?
- Revision of acupuncture treatment principles
- Dry needling versus Acupuncture – similarities and differences
- Extending basic acupuncture needling methods
- Dry needling techniques
- Clinical reasoning in acupuncture point selection
- Fitting acupuncture into overall treatment planning
- Treatment protocols for musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions
- Targeting pain and targeting healing
- Worked clinical examples: – hamstring injury, ankle sprain, patellar pain.
- Problem solving sports examples (group task)
- Enhancing sports performance with acupuncture
Who will Benefit
For those who have passed a foundation level acupuncture course (AACP, BMAS, BAcC, MDN part2).
AACP accredited for those who are AACP members.
- Attendance Certificate: Yes
- CPD Hours: 13.5