|National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE)|
|Derby Teaching Hospitals, London Road Community Hospital, London Road, Derby. DE1 2QY|
|Back Rehabilitation with Dr Christopher Norris|
|Date:||3rd - 4th March 2020|
|Venue:||London Road Community Hospital|
|Availability: ||Yes (13/11/2019 00:46:18)|
Based on Dr Chris Norris' book Complete Guide to Back Rehabilitation (Bloomsbury,
2015) this 2 day course presents an evidence based program to safely and effectively
manage low back injuries using exercise therapy.
A balance of theory and practice is used to provide a state-or-the-art approach to
modern rehab. Lectures, practical demonstrations, partner work, and small group
problem solving are all used to provide a stimulating, easy to follow course.
Suitable for therapists and exercise teachers of all types:
- Functional anatomy of the spine
- Biopsychosocial approach to Chronic Low Back Pain (CLBP)
- Core stability - where are we now?
- Pain science - what is it and when is it relevant?
- Posture evaluation an update
- Concepts in exercise therapy
- Teaching techniques for clinical clients
- Cueing (visual / tactile / auditory), adjustments,
- Optimal tissue loading & rehab planning
- Low back pain - not all in the tissues
- Exercise progression - from injury onset to return to work
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS within
the East Midlands.