|National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE)|
|Derby Teaching Hospitals, London Road Community Hospital, London Road, Derby. DE1 2QY|
|Building on the Skills and Knowledge of Enteral Nutrition|
|Date:||12th March 2020|
|Venue:||London Road Community Hospital|
|Availability: ||Yes (17/10/2019 22:07:30)|
This basic to intermediate course will build on existing knowledge and skills in the
management of enteral tube feeding. The course aims to enable confidence in everyday
practice in adult enteral nutrition. The course is designed for participants who are newly
qualified band 5 dietitians with less than 2 years experience or for those to whom enteral
feeding is a new speciality.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the range of enteral tube feeding routes, methods of insertion and the different tube types available.
- Plan enteral feeding regimens, selecting appropriate feeding route, type of formula and method of administration.
- Identify appropriate nutritional monitoring parameters and evaluate treatment.
- Identify complications and adjust regimens and/or treatment appropriately.
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- Limited funded places may be available for AHP's working for the NHS within the East
- Light lunch & refreshments included