|National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE)|
|Derby Teaching Hospitals, London Road Community Hospital, London Road, Derby. DE1 2QY|
|Dietetic Support Worker Award Enhancing Communication Skills in Practice|
|Date:||7th January 2020|
|Venue:||London Road Community Hospital|
|Trainer:||Dr Fiona McCullough|
|Availability: ||Yes (17/10/2019 21:09:44)|
This one day course is aimed at dietetic support workers working in both acute and
community settings. It will be suitable for those relatively new in post and as a useful
update for those with some previous knowledge and experience. The day will cover
the importance of good communication including communication and listening skills
and the 'Process of Change'. It will provide an introduction to motivating behaviour
change and an opportunity to improve skills and competencies in specific areas such
as one to one patient consultations.
The aim of this one day course is to explore different aspects of communication and its
importance in achieving behaviour change and to provide an opportunity for skills
practice as pertinent to the dietetic support worker.
By the end of the one day course the DSW will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective communication, facilitation and listening skills.
- Recognise aspects of both effective and poor communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of 'The process of change'
- Recognise important stages in the cycle of change
- Use at least one tool which can assist in increasing motivation
- Demonstrate improved competency in one to one patient consultation skills
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- Light lunch & refreshments included.