|National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE)|
|Derby Teaching Hospitals, London Road Community Hospital, London Road, Derby. DE1 2QY|
|Assessment & Ideas for Treatment of the Hip and Pelvis in Adults with Neurological Damage|
|Date:||17th May 2018|
|Venue:||London Road Community Hospital|
|Trainer:||Erica Malcolm, MCSP|
|Availability: ||Yes (14/11/2018 06:36:08)|
This course aims to provide you with a structured assessment for individuals with hip
and pelvis movement problems following neurological damage. Also, ideas for innovative
treatments will be explored.
By the end of the course the student will have:
- Explored a structured assessment of the hip as it relates to an individual with neurological damage
- Explored treatment ideas relating to improved hip joint alignment and muscle activation as it relates to an individual with neurological damage
- Explored the concept of 'true' and 'false' movement as it relates to the hip in an individual with neurological damage
- Explored ideas around what is ideal/efficient hip movement in an individual with neurological damage
Pre-course requirements: Must have attended Posture and Balance as they
relate to the Lower Limb or can evidence having attended course(s) of a similar content
and level. This is a practical course and delegates should come appropriately dressed
with strappy/vest tops, and shorts.
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- Limited funded places may be available for AHP's & Nurses working for the NHS within
the East Midlands