|Nottingham Inter-Professional Stroke Educational Programme|
|PROJECT LEAD: DR SUNIL MUNSHI|
|On 9th, 16th, & 23rd May 2018 in Nottingham for 3 Day(s)|
|at Nottingham City Hospital|
An award-winning, high quality 3-day educational programme providing teaching on
the whole stroke patient pathway. The course comprises of three modules (Acute
Care, Rehabilitation, and Stroke in the Real World) delivered through a variety of
interactive teaching opportunities. This course is suitable for all Multidisciplinary Staff
(Nurses and Therapists) working with stroke patients and is delivered by an
experienced Multidisciplinary team.
Day 1 - Module 1: Acute Care:
* Interpreting Brain Scans in Stroke
* Assessing an acute stroke patient
* Managing an acute stroke patient
* Practice Thrombolysis Run
* All about TIA's
Day 2 - Module 2: Rehabilitation
* Workshop on Stroke Cases
* Speech and Language
* Palliative care in Stroke
* Occupational Therapy
* Physiotherapy in Stroke
Day 3 - Module 3: Stroke and the Real World
* Early & late complications of Stroke
* Nutrition & Stroke
* PEGs & RIGs
* Research in Stroke
* A Stroke Survivor's perspective
* Spasticity and Neurorehabilitation
* Pharmacology of Stroke
|Who will Benefit|
This course is suitable for all Multidisciplinary Staff (Nurses and Therapists) working with
stroke patients and is delivered by an experienced Multidisciplinary team.
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- Limited funded places may be available for AHP's & nurses working for the NHS within
the East Midlands.
- Lunch & refreshments provided.
|Click [here] for more information or to book this event.|