|Advanced Decision Making to Support Clinical Reasoning|
|On 5th - 6th March 2019 in Derby for 2 Day(s)|
|at London Road Community Hospital |
The workshop has been developed in recognition of the increased demands being placed
on clinicians to make highly complex clinical decisions in the context of competing
patient needs and large multi-professional teams/involvement. It addresses issues at
the heart of good clinical decision making including risk management, outcome
measurement and contracting.
- Increase confidence in their clinical reasoning and in communicating their decisions to others.
- Increase understanding of the extent of their authority within a multi-professional team and, therefore, an ability to hold their authority when challenged
- Increase skills in negotiating and influencing care decisions and contracts
- An increased understanding of the nature and importance of reflective practice in achieving effective decisions
This is a 2 day workshop including taught elements and opportunities for group work.
Broad areas covered include: Management of Risk/Clinical Risk, Management of
clinical need in the context of limited resources, duty of Care and the stages of clinical
decision-making, pressures on effective decision-making, impact of Health Psychology
on clinical decisions, and contracts and boundaries.
|Who will Benefit|
This workshop has a proven track record with professionals from all disciplines in health
and Social Care and leaders/managers in these sectors.
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS within
the East Midlands.
|Click [here] for more information or to book this event.|