|*DISCOUNTED PRICE* Occupational Therapy for Children With Handwriting Difficulties|
|Dr Sidney Chu FCOT, PhD, MSc, OTR Fellow, College of Occupational Therapists (UK) Honorary Fellow, Brunel University London Honorary Member, Sensory Integration Network Director and Consultant Trainer / Therapist Kid Power Therapy and Training Co. Ltd|
|On 5th - 7th December 2017 in Derby for 3 day(s)|
|at London Road Community Hospital|
The overall aim of this three-day workshop is to help paediatric Occupational
Therapists to acquire up-to-date knowledge and skills in order to fulfil the changing
role of Occupational Therapy in the evaluation and treatment of children with
handwriting difficulties. Emphasis will be placed on the introduction of a model of
practice that is unique in the practice of Occupational Therapy. Collaborative
strategies for improving childrenâ€™s handwriting in the educational settings will be
discussed throughout the workshop.
- Describe the function and development of handwriting skills.
- Outline a framework for the evaluation and treatment of handwriting difficulties.
- Identify underlying sensorimotor components (i.e. sensory processing functions, perceptual functions, postural-motor control and praxis) which contribute to the functional performance of manual handwriting skills (i.e. biomechanical and ergonomic factors, and quality of writing).
- Apply different assessment procedures in evaluating a child's handwriting performance and relating it to the National Curriculum.
- Outline a general framework for a successful handwriting intervention programme through direct therapy, monitoring and/or consultation modes of service delivery.
- Describe different specific treatment strategies and handwriting training programmes.
- Appreciate the importance of a childâ€™s handwriting problem and its impact on the child's academic performance and self-esteem.
|Who will Benefit|
Qualified Occupational Therapists with experience in working with mainstream school
children with Specific Developmental Disorders e.g. developmental coordination
disorder (including dyspraxia), dyslexia, sensory processing disorders etc.
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- Discounted to £300 for a LIMITED TIME ONLY!
- Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & nurses working for the NHS
within the East
|Click [here] for more information or to book this event.|