|Motivating the Unmotivated: Helping 'difficult' Patients |
|Dr Aftab Laher: Lecturer in Clinical Psychology - Consultant Clinical Psychologist|
|On 04/07/2016 in Derby for 1 Day(s)|
|at London Road Community Hospital|
The study day will provide an opportunity to learn about:
- Motivational styles and theories in the context of client work.
- How to enable unmotivated clients to change health behaviours.
- How to work with depressed or apathetic clients.
- How to engage clients who do not want to be there.
- Strategies to maintain clientsâ€™ motivation once treatment has ended.
- Strategies to prevent treatment sabotage by clients with compensation claims outstanding.
- Working with the sceptical client.
Contains elements towards KSF Core Dimension 1 (Level 3 and 4) Dimension 3 (Level 3
HWB1 Level 2-4, HWB2 Level 2-4, HWB4 Level 1-4 and HWB6 Level 3 and 4
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- Limited Funded places maybe available for AHPâ€™s and Nurses
working for the NHS in the East Midlands
- Refreshments will be provided
|Click [here] for more information or to book this event.|